Sunday, September 8, 2013

Irony...a year later

Here I am again...still searching for an answer..."What will I be when I grow up?"

It occurred to me once again, as I find myself in that crux in the roads and I haven't yet decided what career path I will choose, that I still haven't really explored my supposed "talent" as a writer.

I spend the day writing emails and on facebook and realized just how much I really do enjoy putting fingers to keyboard, expressing thoughts into words, imagining that my opinions and observations are well received and provoke thought.  So I thought, perhaps I should check what local programs or courses are offered to aspiring writers here on the Sunshine Coast.  In doing so, I stumbled upon a local who offers classes  and noticed that she offered for people to "follow" her blog.

My blog!!!  That's right!  I started a blog with the intent of pursuing that outlet of expression not so long ago!  But for the life of me I couldn't recall on what domain or whatever we're supposed to call that... (I'm certainly not technically inclined, am I?)  Again a Google search and "Aha!"-  it was Blogger!  So I found my original post and, here's the irony, it was almost exactly a year ago that I wrote it!

A year!?  Really?  Time really has a way of sliding past us doesn't it?  But, wow - odd that a year ago I had come to the same conclusion - that I should try writing for the purpose of expression, exploring a joy and supposed talent, and the off chance it could lead to a new career.

Upon reflection I realize that so much has happened in this past year. If I had been "blogging" I would have shared so many experiences, challenges, emotions, and life lessons.  Perhaps I would have touched someone and made a difference in their life by sharing my journey.

If I've learned anything this past year, it's been that life can often be difficult and downright painful; that it throws us challenges that can be completely debilitating. But also that it's healthy to express our thoughts, fears and emotions during those times; to reach out to those we trust.  And perhaps, most importantly, that during those times, we find out who our friends are when chips are down.

It was a tough year for many people that I personally know and for many whose lives I'm linked into via social media.  Perhaps it was in the planets - a cycle of death, health issues, and deep emotional pain.  Or perhaps when we're struggling we just find solace in knowing we're not the only ones...in leaving our own pain behind just long enough to be supportive or to commiserate with others.

I have so much to tell (to those who may be interested) and I hope that I don't find another year has passed before sharing again.  I write because I enjoy the outlet, but I'll admit that I need acceptance like I need air.  So if you enjoy my rambling, let me know and we'll share a journey. Until next time...Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment